Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well - I am still so full I am miserable. We started early this morning with pancakes and bacon at mom's house. Then off to Texarkana to mother-in-law's house where I ate too much of everything. I barely saved room for whipped cream, pecan pie and more whipped cream. Then back to Nashville to mom's again. My brother, David, and his crew, Helen, Luke and John drove in sometime shortly after lunch. We did it all over again, dressing (Mom and I made the dressing Wednesday morning), homemade rolls, turkey and ham, everything we needed. Topped off with Debbie's ice box cookies. Grandmother used to make them and some years ago turned that duty over to Debbie. She does them just right and we usually eat a double recipe over a couple of days.

I am mindful this evening of all I have to be thankful for. Family, friends - I am so lucky and so thankful for all that the Lord has given me. I hope that you had a good Thanksgiving and that you will take time to recall all that you have to be thankful for. God Bless

No comments: