Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lum N Abner Days at Mena's Jannsen Park

I drove up to Mena today to attend my first Lum N Abner Day in Mena. Along the way I stopped at a couple of friends houses - they were big supporters of the campaign and I just wanted to say THANKS to them.

There were a lot of people attending. When I first arrived the Lumberjack show was going on and it was pretty entertaining. There were cars, motorcycles and my Rusty Relic Tractor friends were there. All kinds of food vendors - I had fried fish at the Methodist Men's Association booth.
I mostly walked around visiting with a lot of people.

Right before I left I ran into my friends John Ponder and David Maddox. I followed them back to where the Lion's Club was setup with their cooker and visited with all of them before heading back to Jenna Millwood's wedding at the First Baptist Church in Nashville. I pray that their love might grow stronger every day for the rest of their years.

No comments: