Saturday, May 3, 2008

Relay for Life, Peach Blossom Festival, Blevins & more

Last night (Friday) Deb & Mom & I went to Hope to the Relay for Life evening. It was at UACCH which was a perfect place to have it. Well lit, lots of room. The evening was perfect also - cool and pretty.

This morning early we setup for the Peach Blossom Festival on Main Street in Nashville. There was an incredible crowd of people there all day. Mom & Deb & I & Charlotte Hill & Helen Millwood and...... worked the crowd as they came by. Almost everyone wore a Larry Teague Senate sticker.

I left there early and went to Glenwood for Plyer Home Center's 60th Anniversary celebration. There was a good crowd. With ice cream, popcorn, soft drinks and BBQ sandwiches available no one went away hungry.

From there I went to Blevins for their annual Arkansas Children's Hospital fundraiser. It is a big event - the whole community pulls together to help this worthy cause. I spent a lot of money but it is a good cause. I made some new friends and saw a lot of old friends.

A day of rest tomorrow and then it is back to work. I had a great fun day but I am tired.

No comments: