Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Murfreesboro Sr Center, NARFE & Republican BBQ

Yesterday was busy. I had lunch with my friends at the Murfreesboro Senior Center then I went over to the Murfreesboro Municipal Building and spoke to NARFE (National Association of Retired Federal Employees). We talked about a lot of issues, especially spending some time on illegal immigration.

Last night I went to Hope to the Hempstead County Republican Party/ Hempstead County Republican Women BBQ at the Hope Coliseum. The crowd was not large but I really enjoyed meeting everyone. The food was good and Mark Keith and the band (I have forgotten the name of the band) entertained. We politicians were allowed to speak. Scott, Bubba Powers, Sandra Rodgers and I spoke. I talked about my family, Christian values, Senior Citizen issues and a few other things. It was a good evening to finish out a good day.

No comments: