Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Early morning in Hope

I left Nashville this morning at about 5:20 headed for Hope. My first stop was at Andy's at about 6 to visit with some of the early morning coffee crowd. From there I went to KXAR for the early morning radio show with Mark Keith. It was a lot of fun. I paid for 15 minutes and Mark and I just visited. Again I talked about family, faith and I talked about how nice the good folks in Hempstead County/Hope have been to me. The friendships that I have made, the courtesies extended to me. I will be on several more times in the next week or so. After the interview I went back to Andy's, there was a bigger crowd there and they had a big time picking on me. From there to McDonald's and then to Sheba's. I made several new friends at the coffee shop and I look forward to visiting with them again.

Finally I went to the Hope/Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce Coffee hosted by the Music Club. The food was good and I met some new people there. I am back in Nashville for a little while before heading back out toward Polk County. We are making great progress in Polk County. It appears to me that our message of jobs & economic development, roads & I-49, healthcare, tourism and Senior Citizen issues is taking hold.

No comments: