Friday, March 21, 2008

Mena-Polk County Chamber Banquet

Mena's Chamber Banquet was last night. It was originally scheduled for a couple of weeks ago but it was snowed out. There was a good crowd, I estimate about 150 and the food was good. The rolls were excellent. Ned Perme was the featured speaker, he was entertaining and did a good job. Helen Waller was the Volunteer of the Year and Claudia and Charlie Brown were the Citizens of the Year. My friend Glenn Lance, DDS who is a native of Mena flew us up in his Tripacer and was a pretty good campaigner. I tried to shake everyone's hand and ask for their vote. I thought I was very well received. Many of those attending it was the 3rd or 4th time I have visited with them. I was the only candidate attending the event. It was fun and I made some new friends. I am a member of the Chamber of Commerce and I support their efforts. Thanks to those volunteers who worked so hard to make the event a success.

No comments: