Sunday, January 13, 2008

The week in review

The week that just ended was a good week. It is good to be back to campaigning. There were a couple of weeks during the Christmas Holidays that were pretty slow. I was in Hope for some meetings this week. I had every intention of attending the Polk County Farm Bureau's Chamber Coffee on Tuesday, the 8th, but because of computer problems at the office I could not attend. So I sent Larry, Jr in my place. I think he had a good time and I have had good feedback from people that he visited with. Every day I thank God for my wife and kids, for my family - I don't know how I would get through the day without them. Saturday afternoon I attended the Lockesburg Junior Basketball Tournament for a while and wound up in Kirby for a fundraiser for the Harding's whose house burned. The fundraiser was great fun. The Bear Creek Boys entertained and it just doesn't get much better than that. My friend Dewayne Mack emceed the event and kept it entertaining. I even was auctioneer for a while, I was not very good at it. It seemed to be quite a successful event. The generosity of Southwest Arkansan's never ceases to make me feel good and is one of the reasons I say over and over that there is no greater place in the world to live.

No comments: