Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Beans & Cornbread with Sevier Democratic Women




Last night the Ladies of the Sevier County Democratic Women hosted a Beans and Cornbread Supper at the Dierks Park Community Building in DeQueen. Congressman Ross was the guest speaker. As he always does, he gave a good talk addressing what he believes to be the important issues in the coming year. The crowd was good, I counted just over 100 attending. Sevier County always does a good job of supporting the Democratic Women. I have been attending the ladies beans and cornbread supper for probably 10 or 12 years now and the food is always great. Beans and cornbread maybe my favorite meal. I did miss the sweet relish that my friend Jerry Killian used to make, it went so well with a big bowl of pinto beans. Debbie and my mother, Cay, attended with me. We enjoyed visiting with everyone and look forward to next month's potluck. The candidates for State Representative will be invited to it and will have an opportunity to speak.

No comments: