Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hope Lions Club Auction


Over the years I have heard of the annual auction that the Hope Lions Club conducts and how much fun it was but I have never attended. This year I was able to attend all three nights, Thursday, Friday & Saturday. It really was fun with lots of good people to meet. The Ladies cooked homemade food each night, chili, chicken and dumplings, frito pies, homemade pies and cakes, even some homemade peanut patties. Seems as if I tried to sample everything. The items for auction were just too many and too varied to try to list. I did buy a smoker/grill that the good people at UACCH constructed. I had always wanted one and this was a good cause and it is very well built. It was all well organized and good fun. I will be back next year.

No comments: