Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas & Candlelight in Historic Washington




My mother, Cay, my grandmother Louise and I attended the 21st Annual Christmas & Candlelight in Historic Washington on Saturday, December 1st. Mother had attended in previous years. I never had attended, Debbie, my wife could not attend because her mother had some surgery. What a great evening. I love to hear choirs singing, especially Christmas songs. I was short on time because I needed to go on to Hope to the Lions Club Auction. We did get to listen to the Saratoga/Mineral Springs School Choir directed by Kennet Stewart at the Washington Methodist Church and to the First United Methodist Church Chancel Choir of Hope at the Washington Presbyterian Church. Beautiful music in the old churches with Christmas decorations, it was just great. Most if not all of the buildings in Washington were decorated, they were all quite beautiful. They used fresh green cuttings from local vegetation, I saw pine, holly, magnolia and some plants I don't know the name of, all were very nicely done with lots of red bows. The park personnel and lots of volunteers were in period clothing adding to the effect. If you have never been to the Christmas & Candlelight at Historic Washington I urge you to make time to go. They will repeat the entire event next weekend, December 8th. I didn't see everything there was to see and I hope to be able to return on the 8th. If you need more info go to http://www.historicwashingtonstatepark.com/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun!!! My daughter will be singing next Saturday so mabey I will see you there!!!