Tuesday, December 4, 2007

KNVL/KJEP/KSJA Telethon Fundraiser


Last night the local television stations held a mid-winter Telethon fundraiser. It was held at Nashville's Carter Day Center from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. I was in DeQueen early in the evening for an AARP meeting and then I went by the gym to watch some of the Junior High basketball games which caused me to arrive at the Telethon at about 8:30. It seemed like a good, successful event; my friends Ronnie Woods and Jimmy Dale were hosting the event. I am told that they raised approximately $3,000 dollars over the 5 hour period. I don't want to list all the volunteers that were working last night and that put in thousands of hours a year volunteering because I am afraid that I will miss some of them, but I appreciate them. There were lots of local talent showcased during the Telethon. I am constantly amazed at how much talent there is here locally. The stations provide local programming and Christian programming; local church services, sports, and lots of other events. As most of you know I am a Lay Speaker at the Methodist Church. I know that when I have the opportunity to preach at a church whose services are on these stations that I am amazed at how many people mention having seen me. They are an asset to communities in about a 30 to 50 mile radius of Nashville. The station is carried on 16 local cable systems in Southwest Arkansas. The KJEP website http://www.kjeptv.com/ has quite a bit of information if you are interested or you can contact Station Manager Terry Snead by phone at 870-845-5685 or email him at terrysnead@sbcglobal.net. I am confident that if you missed the telethon that they still need and will appreciate your support. Contributions can be mailed to KJEP TV-23, PO Box 1020, Nashville, AR 71852-1020. It was a fun event for a really good cause.

No comments: