Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Polk Cattlemen's & Fed Oversight Stimulus Money

My friend Harold Jones called to remind me of the Polk County Cattlemen's meeting last night at the Polk County Fairgrounds. I drove up to enjoy a good meal and to shake a few hands and visit with some friends. The real purpose of the meeting was to have a pie sale to raise money for their scholarship. The first item auctioned was a blackberry cobbler which sold at a bargain price so I was happy to take ownership of it. Rather than take it home I was happy to leave it to be shared for the evening's dessert. I made it back to Nashville a little before 10. Originally I had planned to drive from Mena to Little Rock but things did not all work out and it is pretty difficult to get from Mena to Little Rock.

This morning I left Nashville early. My Co-Chair Linda Tyler and I had a meeting of the Special Oversight Subcommittee on Federal Stimulus Money to the Legislative Council - what a mouthful. We did receive reports form Doris Smith who is the Intergovernmental Affairs Director in the Department of Finance and Administration and had some discussions on different areas of spending. Arkansas received over three billion dollars of stimulus money in total. The website that tracks and reports on those dollars is www.recovery.arkansas.gov.

No comments: