Monday, January 10, 2011

Be Careful - The Legislature is in Session

We have now convened the Senate for the 88th General Assembly. There are still a couple of Senators who have not yet made it in to the Capitol due to the weather. I left Nashville at about 1:00 yesterday and did not arrive here at the Capitol until about 6:20. It was not a pleasant drive but I felt blessed to arrive with no accidents. Over the course of the five hours of the trip I saw many, many vehicles in the ditches or median.

Hopefully I will do a better job of "blogging" in the coming weeks. I look forward to the session. There has been much speculation about how the changes in membership will affect business. I continue to believe that we are all elected to serve both our constituency and our great state and that we will work together toward that goal.

No comments: