Sunday, December 20, 2009

"A Night of Jubilee" Christmas Gala


Debbie and I had a really nice time last night. We drove over to Hope to attend the Providence Missionary Baptist Church Full Gospel Ministry's 2nd Annual "A Night of Jubilee" Christmas Gala. Over the last couple of years Bishop Johnie Jones, II and I have become friends and it was his church hosting the event. His son, Johnie Jones, III was the guest speaker. He appears to be a fine young man who is working on his graduate degree at the University of Texas. His talk was "Grow Where You are Planted" and made the point that wherever you are there are opportunities to be of service to your fellow man.
As part of the gala there was an award presentation. I am very proud to have received an award for political service. There were 9 other award recipients including several good friends of mine. All in all it was a very pleasant evening; good food, good company, elegant service including waiters with hand towels. I did manage to get a few laughs when they read my bio. Part of my job is to go to a lot of "events". It might surprise you to learn that not all of the events I attend are interesting or entertaining. Last night was a very pleasurable event and I look forward to next years. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: