Friday, December 11, 2009

Car Hopping for Cancer Victim at Nashville Sonic

The picture is Mrs. Claus and me as we worked at the Nashville Sonic Drive-In during their happy hour. Mrs. Claus arranged with the people at Sonic for some celebrity car hops to wait on their customers. We were there to raise money for our friend Jimmy Burton, he has cancer and is fighting a hard battle. We were taking tips and many of the car hops had agreed to match the tips. Jimmy was our yard man here at the office and my mom's for many years and I believe him to be a good man - I know that he is a hard working man. I appreciate all the volunteer car hops who showed up and I appreciate Mrs. Claus caring enough to arrange it. HO HO HO Merry Christmas.
Saturday afternoon update: I understand more than $2,100 was raised for Jimmy. The good citizens of Nashville are very generous and can always be counted on.

No comments: