Friday, December 4, 2009

9th Judicial West Drug Court Christmas Party


I had the opportunity to be the speaker at the 9th Judicial District West Drug Court Christmas Party. I am not sure why they needed me to speak. Several of their graduates spoke and I found there talks to be very, very good. I expect in some ways it was similar to the talks given at a Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. I appreciate Judge Yeargan, Prosecuting Attorney Bryan Chesshir and Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Danny Grave and all those involved in the process.

Drug Court has never really been on my radar legislatively. After seeing some of the drug court successes last night I am going to be more supportive of their issues. The meal was good and I wound up enjoying the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, I realize your comments regarding NA and AA meetings were probably well intentioned, may I suggest that you actually attend an open meeting of both fellowships and find out what goes on.

Your attendance would be welcomed by both organizations.

sincerely
Pat in OK