Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Last Weekend

Saturday was a busy day. I represent 52 volunteer fire departments in my District and it seemed to me that about one half of them were having an event of some type. Obviously, I could not make many of them. I did make fire department outings at the Crossroads VFD in Hempstead County - I was not able to stay for the auction but my friend Representative Bubba Powers was there to help me spend my money. The Center Point VFD was also having a BBQ fundraiser. It is the department that is closest to my house and I am a member of it. I was buy there early in the day to help the cooks eat and then I dropped by again when the crowds started showing up. I did not get to stay for the auction but Debbie stayed and spent some money for me.

In between the fire departments I was able to drop in on the Masonic Fish Fry and do a little grazing on the fish and hush puppies. They always have a good crowd and I enjoy harassing the cooks.

My final stop of the day was the Friends of NRA Banquet in Nashville. It was a fun event with good food (My friends from Trish's BBQ did the cooking). Seemed the crowd might have been down some but Budd Dunson and his crew put on a good banquet.

I love going out and visiting so I very much enjoyed the evening.

No comments: