Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Friend Michael Duncan

My friend Michael Duncan from Hope was honored today with a Senate Citation by Senator Randy Laverty. I remember meeting Michael while I was campaigning in Hope. He is a fine man and I was happy to see him honored.

From the Senate Citation: "Whereas, Michael Duncan is an individual with a developmental disability and a client of Rainbow of Challenges in Hope, a nonprofit community program that provides a variety of services to persons with developmental disabilities; and…"

" Whereas, Michael's steadfast pursuit of a baccalaureate degree in psychology and his strong Sense of public service stand as an inspiration to all Arkansans to rise above one's disabilities in the pursuit of a full and satisfying life and meaningful participation in one's community"

Good for Michael and good for Rainbow of Challenges.

No comments: