Wednesday, June 18, 2008

22nd Annual Investors Meeting

The Hempstead County Economic Development Corporation hosted their 22nd Annual Investors Meeting today from 11:30 to 1:00. It was held in the Western Sizzlin' Restaurant Banquet Room.

There was a good crowd of public officials, investors and community leaders. The featured speaker was Franklin McLarty. Franklin wears many hats among them is he is Vice Chariman of the Arkansas Economic Development Commission. He gave a good talk, brief and on the point regarding economic development. He is an interesting fellow and I hope to have the opportunity to visit with him again in the near future.

I stopped by the Hope/Hempstead County Chamber of Commerce office and bought a Watermelon Festival T Shirt and then I went next door to KTSS where Jerry Westmoreland interviewed me. As you know, I like to talk so I really enjoyed visiting with Jerry. I wore my Watermelon Festival T Shirt during the interview to give the festival a plug.

I am off to Little Rock tomorrow for several reasons. I expect to drop in on the Insurance & Commerce Committee meeting tomorrow afternoon and hope to have the opportunity to visit with quite a few people that I need to talk to sometime during the day.

Thanks for checking in.

No comments: