Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday morning in Hope & Tollette

It was a dark drive over to Hope this morning as the last of the weather moved out of our area. I dropped by the Holiday Inn express and then had breakfast at the Waffle House before going over to KXAR for the Mark Keith morning radio show. As always I enjoyed visiting with Mark. I have been trying to convey to the listeners who I am and what I am all about. Based on feedback I receive from the community it seems to be working very well.

Tollette had an important ground breaking this morning. Shelby Tollett is going to build some "spec" houses in a new development he is starting. It is exciting and will increase Tollette's population and tax basis which will allow other developments to come along. Mayor Charles Miller is working hard to address Tollette's needs and I look forward to helping Tollette grow.

I am off to DeQueen for Brookewood Nursing Center's open house this afternoon.

No comments: