Sunday, April 20, 2008

Last week in review

I did not realize that I had not blogged all week. It seemed that every night I was somewhere campaigning and then in the mornings I needed to drop notes to new or old friends.

Monday my friends John & Robin Ponder & PT & Christie Plunkett had a mixer for me at the park in Mena. I thought that it went well and I appreciated everyone coming out. It turned out to be rather cool with the wind blowing. Tuesday a small fundraiser, Wednesday ......

Friday was especially productive, the Lion's Club in Hope and the College (UACCH) have an annual fish fry at the college. There must have been 1200 to 1500 people attending it. A great crowd. Debbie, Mom, some of my young college supporters and I worked the crowd. Almost everyone there had their hand shaken 3 or 4 times. We are getting such good support out of Hempstead County and have made so many new friends there - we really appreciate the friendship and courtesy there.

Saturday I started very early in Hope putting out some signs in strategic yards. Then I dropped donations by two Church fundraisers that I was not going to be able to attend. After that, I was off to Mena for an interview with the AEA. It went very well. I enjoyed sharing my thoughts with them and I learned quite a bit from visiting with them. From there I headed to the Cove Fire Department fundraiser, it was my second trip there. Last year I attended the dedication of their heliport. I made a quick run to Provo for a Relay for Life gathering.

Mom worked the Lockesbury fire department fish fry and Deb worked the Howard County Democratic Party fish fry. Saturday was busy but very productive.

I hope that you have a good week. I am off to teach the Men's Class Sunday School this morning.

No comments: