Friday, April 25, 2008

A busy week and a really busy weekend

This week has been pretty busy. Monday I had to run to Little Rock to cut some radio ads (you can go to teaguesenate.com to listen to them). Then I made some stops in different parts of the District on the way home. Sevier Cattlemens was Monday night. It was their annual cake and pie auction for the 4H kids. It was good to see a lot of old friends there.

Tuesday I was in Hope knocking on doors and dropped by the Hempstead County Democratic Women meeting.

Wednesday I was in Mena for a meeting at the college. I spent some time putting flyers on vehicles and just general campaigning.

Thursday morning the Nashville Senior Citizens Center had a "Meet the Candidate" event. It was great fun. I was down there last week visiting with those fine people. They have a goodly number of people that use the center. I keep repeating this but it is important that the state find more funding for our Senior programs. I was in Hope for lunch with some supporters and then I made a quick trip to DeQueen for the Dedication of the new jail. It is a super nice facility and the county will be well served by it. Attorney General Dustin McDaniels was the speaker. He is a good guy and is working hard for us. Murfreesboro's Chamber of Commerce banquet was last night. The crowd was light but the company and the food was good. The 4H kids were our servers and did a good job. The program was political speaking. I did not give my normal speech but I did talk about school consolidation and the fact that Scott voted for it. I have always maintained that if a local school district was willing to pay to keep its school and if the kids were getting a good education there was no good reason for that local district to not get to keep its school open.

As I look at my calendar for the weekend I note there are many places to be - a lot of them at the same time. It will be busy but I look forward to meeting new people and making new friends and to seeing old friends. I will update the weekends events Sunday morning before I go to Shiloh to speak at Decoration.

No comments: