Thursday, April 3, 2008

1st State Bank Dierks opening & Wickes Sr Center

The new First State Bank in Dierks was celebrating its grand opening yesterday. Lots and lots of good food and quite a few friends dropping by to wish them luck. There were several politicians hanging around also.

From there I went to Wickes and had lunch at the Cossator Senior Citizens Center. It is a magnificent facility that Senator Hill had a big hand in helping them build. There was a good crowd and I made a lot of new friends. I even sang Happy Birthday to Helen. There was a lot of domino playing going on, a puzzle in process and some talking. Good people and good food. I made a lot of new friends and I look forward to going back to visit with them again.

As I have said over and over we need some additional funding for our senior programs.

No comments: