Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sevier Democratic Women Senate Candidates Forum

Last night we (Debbie, Mom & I) were in DeQueen at the Dierks Park Community Building for a candidates forum hosted by the Sevier County Democratic Women. There was a good crowd of around 50 there to listen to the Senate Candidates. The potluck dinner was good. I had some really good homemade apple cobbler.

The format allowed each of us to give opening comments and then we took questions. There were some good questions asked and I enjoyed the evening very much. I spent time discussing those things that I think are important: jobs, rural health care, roads, senior issues and tourism.

A good evening and I appreciate the ladies hosting it. Next month they will host a forum for the Sevier County candidates.

No comments: