Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hope Chamber Coffee & Wild Game Supper

The Relay for Life Committee in Hope hosted the Chamber of Commerce Coffee Wednesday. I dropped in for a little while. I was on my way to Arkadelphia to have lunch with my daughter, Shelly. The food at the coffee was so good I didn't really need to eat at the Burger Barn with Shelly, but.... I did anyway.

Friday night the Central Baptist Church hosted the 2nd annual Wild Game Supper at their church. About 75 people attended the event including several political types. Budd Dunson, Fredye Alford, Frank Scott, & Jessica Steel Gunter were the candidates (plus me). Mark Davis, from Mt Ida, gave the testimonial. He is a professional bass fisherman and told some fish stories as well as giving his witness. He was very entertaining, the food was good, my favorite was the bacon wrapped, marinated deer steak. It was a good evening, didn't last too long.

Looks as if this week will be busy. Nashville Chamber of Commerce banquet is tomorrow night. Governor Beebe will be the speaker. He will do a good job.

No comments: