Friday, December 7, 2007

Hospital Auxilliary Breakfast & RMCC Open House


I left Nashville at 5:15 yesterday morning on my way to Polk County. The Auxiliary from the Mena Regional Health System were hosting a breakfast/fundraiser at the First Christian Church from 6:30 to 10:00. I arrived at about 6:40 and enjoyed a good breakfast, sausage gray and biscuits, eggs and bacon. Then I shook hands and made new friends until about 10:00. After leaving there I went over to Rich Mountain Community College's campus. What a great facility it is. Dr. Scott Rook, Vice President of Academic and Instructional Affairs gave me a quick tour around the campus. It is a very impressive facility and I saw lots of students, both young and older in their classes. The open house had an incredible amount of food. It was hard on me but I managed to eat again. I left there headed to Murfreesboro with a cup of hot spiced cider for the road. All in all it was a good, productive morning. I made new friends and had a lot of fun.

No comments: