Monday, December 15, 2014

Mena Bearcats


The Mena Bearcats played in the State 4A High School Football Championship game at War Memorial Stadium Saturday, December 13th against the Warren Lumberjacks. It was a great day for football - warm enough, not cold and not hot and it was a good game. My Bearcats didn't win but they never quit. I think they were the State Champions in 1976 so it had been a while since they were at War Memorial. Congrats to Warren on their victory and congrats to the players, cheerleaders and coaches of both teams for their efforts. I really appreciated the fact that it seemed that almost everyone from Mena had taken their Saturday and driven to Little Rock to support their team. I enjoyed the game and getting to visit with many friends and I managed to stop by and see my granddaughter on the way home. Like all days our Lord gives us Saturday was a good day.

No comments: