Sunday, March 10, 2013

Delight Volunteer Fire Department Fundraiser

That's me and Fire Chief Michael Delaney in the school cafeteria in Delight. The volunteer fire department was hosting a chili supper and auction fundraiser last night. I was running a little late and missed the chili. I did have a nice bowl of gumbo and wound up buying a Craftsman drill. I am sure I have been needing a cordless drill. I didn't tell Debbie - afraid she might come up with a project. I enjoyed visiting with the fine people in Delight. One of the things I really like is that they are determined to keep their sense of community.

I hope that we will get the Session closed out by Easter. It is time to get on with our business and go home. My bicycle needed some exercise yesterday so I took it out for a 35 mile ride. I can tell I am getting older - I think the rides hurt more than they used to.

Stay in touch.

No comments: