Monday, August 13, 2012

Watermelon Festival & Clinton Day Dinner

Saturday was a busy day politically. The Watermelon Festival at Hope was a huge success. As is my habit I participated in the "Politically Correct Watermelon Eating Contest" at the event. I have never come close to winning the watermelon eating contest. The watermelon is just to good to not eat and enjoy. The winner was Sheriff Singleton and runner up was Attorney General Dustin McDaniel. They went through their slices incredibly quickly and messily.

Later I attended the Clinton Day Dinner hosted by the Clark County Democratic Committee. It is always a great event that is well attended and I always enjoy it. It does have a tendency to go a little long but there is always lots for us to talk about. My friend Congressman Ross was the featured speaker and did a nice job. I arrived home about 11:00 - tired but it had been a good day.

No comments: