Monday, November 28, 2011

The First Fire in the Fireplace for the Year

I love a fire in the fireplace. Yesterday was plenty cold enough so I could not wait to build a fire. I have not bought any new firewood this year so it didn't take but a minute for it to light up. I need to burn up all of my old wood and not buy any this year but I start remembering the ice storm or snow storm when we went days without electricity and I always decided that I had better buy a load or two of wood.

I was in Mena yesterday morning at the First United Methodist Church filling in the pulpit for my friend the Reverend Gary Harrison. They were very nice to me and they have a beautiful church. I arrived there early enough that I was able to attend a Sunday School class - I really enjoyed being in there. I appreciate any opportunity the Lord provides for me to preach. I have been a Methodist Lay Speaker for about 8 or 10 years now.

No comments: