Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kirby Trojan Boosters & Mineral Springs Fire Dept.

We had a beautiful fall day yesterday with cool dry air and a steady breeze. We are still in desperate need of rain here in southwest Arkansas but it looks as if there is none in the forecast for this week. I did ride the bicycle 25 miles - it was an almost perfect day to just be out and about.

Last night I had two events I attended. The Kirby Booster Club had an all day event going at the school to raise money for the Trojans. I was one of the sponsors of the t-shirt for the day. It seemed everyone had one on when I got there. I had some good smoked chicken and visited with a goodly number of people. Then I headed back south to make it to the Mineral Springs Fire Departments chili supper. Yes, I did have a bowl of chili - the chili I chose was pretty spicy and hot but really good.

I made it home by about 8 and read for a couple of hours before turning out the lights.

No comments: