Monday, September 12, 2011

10 Year Anniversary of 9/11

Last night at the Nashville City Park Phil Brown and the local Ministerial Alliance hosted an event remembering 9/11. It turned out to be a really nice evening and drew a pretty good crowd. I had a small part in the program. I thought I would share my comments below.


Pearl Harbor - December 7th, 1941, D Day – June 6th 1944, September 11, 2001 all important dates that mean something to generations of Americans. Most of us remember where we were and what we were doing when we first learned that our nation had been attacked. In the last 10 years our nation has seen some hard times. When I watch the news on television all I hear is how bad it is, what an awful place it is. My friends I want to remind you this evening that though things are not as good as they should be - not as good as we expect and not as good as they have been - I want to remind you that we in these United States of America are so blessed by our God. I want to remind you that there is no better place to live in the entire world. We have freedom that others long for, we have freedom that our forefathers fought and died for, we have freedom. With that said I believe it is right and appropriate for us to want more, it is right and appropriate for us to expect more and it is right that we cannot continue to spend and spend and spend, we cannot continue to spend our children and grandchildren into more and more debt. It is right that we need to create jobs – jobs take care of so many of our problems. The last verse of the star spangled banner says:


O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war’s desolation.
Blest with victry and peace, may the Heav’n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: “
In God is our trust;”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!


Tonight and every night I hope that you will join me as I pray for our country and for our leaders. I hope that you will pray that God will give our leaders wisdom and courage and that our country might walk the path that is in accordance with God’s will. Let us repent our sins and pray that we continue to be as I just read in the Star Spangled Banner, a heaven rescued land and let us give credit to God – the power that has made and preserved us a nation. May God Bless you, God Bless Arkansas and may God Bless America.

No comments: