Thursday, August 26, 2010

Main Street Nashville Fire



Thank God for fire fighters. I think that we have a tendency to take them for granted but when you watch them in action it is a good reminder of how hard they work and how they put their lives at risk for others. The police and sheriff's departments were also working hard trying to keep the crowd contained and everyone safe.
I am not aware of any lives lost or any injuries and I am very thankful for that. We lost several buildings and businesses in the 200 block of North Main Street on the east side of the street. I heard talk that the fire started in the rear - I don't know if the alley or the rear of a building.
It appeared to me that every fire department in a 30 mile circle sent men and equipment to help. The wind was out of the north. The fire started on the south end of the block and the wind blew it up onto the buildings south of where it started.
Please put your mouse up for a moment and say a prayer for those who have lost property and things they cared about and a prayer for those firemen and policemen who have worked so hard and will continue to work all night. Thank you and God Bless.

No comments: