Saturday, May 29, 2010

Holiday Weekend

It is warm today. I managed to ride the bicycle for a couple of hours this morning but I have not accomplished anything else. We have had four of our great-nieces at the house since Thursday evening - it may be positive proof that we are getting older - we don't seem to last as long as they do. I am heading to get a cherry lime-aide and then spend some time reading. I don't have any political type activities on the calendar for this evening.

I did drive over to DeQueen for the Sevier County Senior Citizens Day yesterday morning. There is always a good crowd and though it was a little warm it was a good day for the event. There is local entertainment and generally some talking. I presented County Judge Dick Tallman with a framed Arkansas Traveler print in honor of his 18 years of service to the county. He is a good man and I have enjoyed working with him over the years.

No comments: