Friday, April 16, 2010

Mena, Murfreesboro, Hope & Glenwood tonight

Last week was the Murfreesboro Chamber Banquet. I enjoyed it very much. It is amazing how much difference the attendance is at events during a campaign year. The same increase in attendance was noted at the Polk County Conservation District's annual fish fry at Antoine. I love the fish fry it is a relaxed friendly gathering.

Monday night the Polk County Democratic Women hosted a beans and cornbread "meet the candidates" dinner. The ladies in the Polk County Democratic Women have been my good friends since I first started campaigning up that way. There were several statewide candidates there and I enjoyed visiting with those in attendance.

Last night was the Hope Lion's Club/UACCH fish fry at the college. The crowd was huge but everything went very nicely. Everyone got their food much quicker and the weather was just perfect.

Tonight I am in Glenwood for a "meet and greet" event. There will be a different crowd than the event at Murfreesboro a couple of weeks ago and money raised will go to the Glenwood Senior Center. I look forward to a good evening and some good food and company.

Tomorrow night is the Ozan VFD BBQ. They have not had one in a while and it will be good to see those old friends again. I hope to ride the bicycle tomorrow and try to finish up my landscaping project.

No comments: