Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mena Chamber Banquet and Bluegrass in Hope

After arriving back in Nashville at my office mid-afternoon Thursday I accomplished a little work before loading back into my pickup and heading to Mena to the Chamber Banquet. I had been invited to sit with my friends from Rich Mountain Community College, they had bought two tables. There was a really big crowd at the Mena Mountain Resort. We had some difficulty getting into the Resort and parking but it all worked out. Congressman Ross was the featured speaker and I thought that he did a good job. Seems to me he has become a much better speaker over the years. Congratulations to all of those who were recognized with awards.

I have been busy today (Saturday). I worked in a bicycle ride (21 miles) and really enjoyed it. My bike has just been tuned-up and I have a new seat so I was anxious to take it out. My friends at the Hope/Hempstead Chamber of Commerce were hosting their Winter Bluegrass Festival today. Over the last few years I have begun to enjoy bluegrass and I always try to make their shows. They had a really good crowd going today and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I had a hamburger before heading back to Nashville. My children, Larry, Tana and Shelly are on their way home and I am really looking forward to seeing them this evening. I expect to have the opportunity to feed them sometime tonight. While I am hoping for fish the initial survey indicates steak may be in order. Either way I will be happy to get to spend some time with them.

No comments: