Friday, January 15, 2010

Polk County Rotary Club


Thursday I drove to Mena to visit with Dr. Hatcher and Jaclyn at Rich Mountain Community College regarding the college's foundation and some ideas we wanted to bounce around. After that I went to the Limetree Restaurant to speak with my friends at the Polk County Rotary Club. Linda Rowe (that is her in the picture with me) invited me to speak. She and her husband, Dennis, are good friends of mine - I am in the same deer camp as Dennis. I talked about the economy and the state revenue picture, the lottery and some concerns I have about the condition of the state's unemployment trust fund.

I always enjoy visiting with clubs. I really enjoy the questions at the end. Looks as if it will be a great weekend. I hope to have time to ride the bicycle tomorrow and Sunday.

No comments: