Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas - The Day After

Hello and MERRY Day After CHRISTMAS! It is a tradition at the Teague house that my kids (all of mothers grandkids) get to open one present from their grandmother on Christmas Eve. They are always surprised to find that it is their Christmas pajamas. We go to the candlelight service at our church and then go to Mom's to eat chili and warm up. (When Dad was in charge of the chili it was not uncommon for it to be so hot (spicy) that we could barely eat it.) My brother and his family were caught in the weather in Oklahoma City and are just about to try to get out of there and bring my mom home so that we can spend some time with them. I think it was the first time in 51 years I have not seen mom on Christmas.

I have said many times before that I love Christmas. I love family, food, giving and receiving. I love that God loved us enough to send His son and that Jesus loved us enough to die for us and that Jesus sacrifice was the only thing sufficient to wash away my sins. I find great joy in watching my family as they see Santa's work or open their gifts but I try never to forget the real reason we are celebrating is the birth of the Christ - our Christ, my Christ.

It seems now that not only has our cell service suffered from Verizon's take over of Alltel but that AT&T cannot keep us connected to the world here in Southwest Arkansas. It seemed for the bulk of the afternoon and on into late night that we could not make long distance calls or use the cell phones for much - nor did we have internet. I am guessing that all of the rain messed up a line somewhere. All seems to be alright this morning.

No comments: