Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cooler Weather

We built our first fire in the fireplace last night. I haven't brought any dry wood up to the back porch yet so I built the fire out of the new white oak firewood that was delivered last weekend. I had one load stacked onto the back porch and a couple stacked out at the shed. The green white oak did not much want to burn. Fortunately I have a gas starter and with it I can start just about any wood as long as I am willing to burn enough gas to light it. With no ash in the firebox we didn't seem to get much heat until just about bedtime. Before I left this morning I laid some new wood so that Debbie can just light it right up when she gets home this afternoon.

The cooler weather is nice. Friday nights football playoff games should be just the right temperature for a good football game. Last weekend we deer hunted in short sleeves - should be cooler this weekend.

No comments: