Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rural Fire Study Committee in Batesville

During my years in the House I had the opportunity to serve on the Rural Fire Department Study Committee and I was delighted when President Pro Tempore Bob Johnson appointed me for this term. Committee Chairs Senator David Wyatt, Representative Ragland, Representative Creekmore and Representative Brown hosted the committee in Batesville. It was a productive meeting. I especially enjoyed the tour of the hydroelectric generating plant located on the White River in Batesville. It was very interesting to me.

The good people of Independence County went above and beyond in their courtesies and the attention they paid to the members. I especially appreciate the hospitality and friendship Deborah and David Wyatt extended to me. They are good friends and I enjoy their company.

I am of the opinion that all of the laws dealing with fire departments (excluding training hours) need to be gone through and updated. Hopefully we will find the time to tackle those.

No comments: