Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lawn mower racing and bluegrass music


I was in Hope this afternoon and I stopped by the Fair Park for Lawn Mower racing. I had heard about it but I had never experienced it. Seemed as if the crowd was sparse but they were really enjoying the races. Just like most races I have been to it was very loud. I watched 3 or 4 races and I am convinced that if they had let me drive that I could have won a race. I downloaded the photo from their website.


From there I went to downtown Hope, corner of 2nd St and Main St, to listen to some bluegrass music. I have become quite a fan of bluegrass in the last few months. It is fun to listen to and everyone is always having a good time.


Now, I am off to Texarkana for a wedding that my baby girl is going to be in. Nick Britt & Lacey Gordon are getting married this evening. Please join me in praying for their future happiness and prosperity. Hopefully I will have time to grab a meal at Bryce's Cafeteria before the wedding.

No comments: