Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Potluck at Church

We had a potluck at church today. At our church, First Methodist in Nashville, we don't need much reason to have a potluck. The Methodist Men (Sid Steel with Lee Honeycutt assisting) provided the smoked brisket which was good and tender. The ladies brought everything else. The food was good and plentiful and those staying to eat seemed to really enjoy the meal.

My job was to wash dishes. The church does not have a dishwashing machine so I spent about an hour at the sink. I don't mind washing dishes and it seems to make everyone else so happy. I hope that your day is going well. I have just come back from the chinese buffet where my daughter ate and I just enjoyed her company.

I have the trash here at the office taken out and the plants watered. I think it may be time for a short nap.

No comments: