Monday, May 12, 2008

Lion's Club Honor Graduate Banquet

The Lion's Club Honor Graduate Banquet was tonight at the Nashville High School Cafeteria (yes, the dinner rolls were as good as always). The Lion's have been sponsoring the Rafe Goodlett Honor Graduate Banquet for a long time. I appreciate their commitment to the education of our youth.

There were 12 Honor Grads, their parents, teachers, administration, and the Lion' s present to celebrate the Honor Grads achievment. Good for all of them - Good for the young men and ladies.

I was the "speaker" for the event. I learned a long time ago that if you keep it short they will love you no matter what you say. It was an honor to be asked and I was very happy to be allowed to participate.

I am off to Hope early tomorrow for a radio program. Then back to Nashville and then off to the North.

Thanks for checking in. Remember that early voting has started and that the Primary is the 20th of May.

No comments: