Sunday, April 6, 2008

A long day - Hatfield, Hope, Mena, Glenwood, Nashville

Mother and Deb left Nashville at 5:30 headed to the South East Fire Departments pancake breakfast and I left at the same time headed to Hatfield for a Lion's club fundraiser pancake breakfast. Mom & Deb had a great time and met a lot of people. Hatfield was fun - I really enjoyed meeting those fine people. Hatfield was one of the school districts that consolidated. As we discussed that I have always believed that our young people can and were receiving a quality education in our smaller schools I found a great deal of support among the crowd.

From Hatfield I headed back through Nashville stopping several times to do sign repair; the storms have been hard on signs this year. I reloaded my truck with some new signs and I headed off to Pike County to Glenwood for Wright Food Centers 52d Anniversary. The Wright's put on quite an anniversary celebration and they had and incredible crowd. I would bet that at least a thousand and maybe as many as fifteen hundred were there.

Then back to Nashville for the County Line Baptist Church fundraiser/chili supper. Debbie and I have been supporting their efforts as far back as 1996. It is always fun. There was a karoke opportunity and I sang (amids quite a few groans).

It was a long but productive day. Many new friends and lots of handshaking, it just doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: